In 2000, digital music players were either big and clunky or small and useless with equally terrible user interfaces. Apple saw the opportunity and announced the release of the iPod, their first portable music player on October 23, 2001.
At first, the reactions were confused and hostile, critics lambasted the $400 price tag, the unconventional scroll wheel and the lack of Windows compatibility. Despite all this, the iPod sold beyond everyone's expectations, went on to revolutionize the entire music industry, and the rest is history.
On October 23, 2001 Steve Jobs forever changed the course of media and entertainment distribution when he unveiled his creation, the Apple Ipod.
At iPod History, we're striving to be the number one destination for information on all iPod models ever.
You can read more on the entire range of iPod products (sorted by product series, or the year of release) by visiting the links on the left.
- Robert Hawk: iPhone’s success is due to its integrated hardware/ software design, occurring by the same company. This integration of design and software make the iPhone...
- starcraft 2 heart of the swarm hack: whoah this blog is wonderful i like studying your posts. Stay up the great paintings! You know, many people are searching round for this...
- Click Here: You are so cool! I don’t believe I’ve read a single thing like that before. So good to discover somebody with a few genuine thoughts on this subject....
- tahrey: “there’s an app for that”
- Joe hater: Hey joe fuck u my iphone is awesome
If you find any mistakes on this website please contact us.